All prospective teaching candidates must possess teaching credential, a college degree. The International School in Genoa foreign-hire teachers receive transportation at the beginning and end of a two-year contract, a settling in and shipping allowance, health care under the Italian national health care system, US Social Security, and assistance in finding housing.
We recruit many of our new teachers through one of the international school recruitment agencies, such as International Schools Service (www.iss.edu), The Council of International Schools (www.cois.org), Search Associates (www.searchassociates.com) which hold their main annual recruitment fairs in January – February.
The International School in Genoa is seeking to hire:
1) Secondary School History teacher for the academic year 2019/2020
The positions will include IB History, however, knowledge of the IB is not essential but experience with teaching history at high school level would be an asset.
2) Secondary School Economics and Humanities teacher for the academic year 2019/2020
The positions will include IB Economics, however, knowledge of the IB is not essential but experience with teaching Economics at high school level would be an asset.
3) IB Coordinator for the academic year 2019/2020
The positions will include the following responsibilities:
- To oversee the IB diploma program
- Includes teaching of no more than 40% of the teaching load
- Full job description is available from the school.
4) Elementary School Classroom Teacher
Due to time limits, priority will be given to UK and EU applicants.
Interested applicant are encouraged to email the following:
- a copy of their CV
- a list of contact details of three referees including one reference in a supervisory role from their most recent position
to the Head of School: Mr. Samer Khoury at firstname.lastname@example.org